The following video is brought to you courtesy of the Sky News YouTube Channel. Click the video below to watch it now.
The original inquests returned open verdicts back in the 1970’s and that led to a campaign by the victims’ families to finally get the innocent verdict they always maintained was true of the death’s in west Belfast during a Army operation.
After a wait of almost fifty years to get justice for a lost parent, husband, son or wife.
The dead included:
– Roman Catholic priest, Father Hugh Mullan, 38 years-old;
– Francis Quinn, 44-year-old
– Noel Phillips, 19-year-old
– Joan Connolly, a 44-year-old
– Daniel Teggart, 44-year-old
– Joseph Murray, 41-years-old;
– Edward Doherty, 43-years-old;
– John Laverty, 20-year-old
– and Joseph Corr who was 43-years-old.
The coroner could not say who shot the tenth victim – John McKerr, who was also innocent.
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/skynews
Sky News videos are now available in Spanish here/Los video de Sky News están disponibles en español aquí https://www.youtube.com/channel/skynewsespanol
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/skynews and https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skynews
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skynews
For more content go to http://news.sky.com and download our apps:
Read more here: https://news.sky.com/story/ballymurphy-inquest-10-innocent-people-shot-without-justification-coroner-finds-12303411″